"The year 1995 began very uneventfully . . ." (continued)

I simply could not comprehend this at all. I was 61 years old and lived alone and I thought this was the beginning of the end.

Little did I know it was to be the beginning of wonder!!!! I became quite ill, I suppose because of the stress of this losing my job. That lasted about a month. Then I was really back to normal and I fell. Guess where??? On the sidewalk in front of the unemployment office.

It was May 21st, a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon. I was delivering my forms in the overnight slot. I had left the car running and where the sidewalk goes up for wheelchairs, my foot did not. I fell and hard. Can you believe my first thought was "Thank God no one saw me"! (I hoped).

I somehow got through the days

I was numb and in pain but I finally managed to get to the car and home. I put ice on it and stayed on the couch for the rest of the day and even aspirin and Ibuprofen won out over food. I was miserable. I somehow got through the days until Thursday and thought "enough, this has to be checked."

Well, Emergency Care discovered I had fractured my kneecap completely. So this being the Memorial Day weekend coming up I had to wait until Tuesday to see the specialist. During this time the fracture got wider and began to splinter at each side of the kneecap. So surgery had to be performed to wire and pin this fracture so it would heal.

It seemed to be very painful indeed, and one thing or another happened that seemed to stall any healing. After another painful incident, I went to Mary's healing group and they prayed over me.

One week later the knee was healed

My spirit was at it's lowest. When I left to go home my spirits seemed to be much better. About 1:00 p.m. the next day I am looking at this swollen discolored leg and you know it looked better and by evening it was much better!!

The next time I went to the Physical Therapist she said your leg is fine you do not have to come back!!! Now that was the work of God, and I finally called and told her so. So now I was thinking and preparing to go back to some kind of work at a temporary agency and I noticed this large and painful protrusion under my knee.

So I went back to the Doctor. He looked at the X-ray and said the pin has slipped from the side of the knee cap (that was helping to hold the break) down to the bottom of my knee cap.

So he said I am sorry but I will have to do this all over again. He was looking at the X-ray and pointing out to me how badly it had healed. I was devastated!! It would be painful to leave it as it was and go back to work and lead to an eventual knee replacement.

He looked at me like I was some religious nut

So back to the hospital I went. He came to see me before surgery and said "I wonder what you did." I told him nothing I wasn't supposed to, and when he went in there he was going to see that God had healed it.

He looked at me like I was some religious nut and sort of grinned. Well guess what???? That is exactly what he found!!!

When I went back he said "I never imagined anything could look so good. I even looked inside and it was healed perfectly!!!" I wish you could have been there!! You could feel God's almighty and holy presence. It was hushed and the most beautiful thing I have ever felt or experienced! It was AWESOME!!! ALL THE HONOR AND GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST.




"God's Word Brings Our Healing"